Thursday, April 22, 2010

You Drive, I'll Ride?


The Guys of London have been swinging me around and I'm practically breathless and definitely confused. At best, I was up 30 pips on today's high. So do they love my prices or not? Please don't hurt me like that again. I'm financially fragile and vulnerable. And I need real action - fast and maybe a bit more intensely.

After paying more attention to economic data announcements, I've started noticing levels that tend to be in play whenever an announcement gets released. It makes me see price action from a different perspective. So, I'm starting to ponder why price action occurs in the fashion that it does.

The market is comprised of a fusion of different players. Some do air piano and others bring out the violin. Others are momentum players whilst some are contrarians. I think when I finally figure out these footprints in the sand, hiding behind a coral reef will become much easier.

My portfolio's sadder than me today...

-0.46% on the standard brokerage
-0.49% on the Roth IRA

Retirement... is that in the cards for me? My portfolio has recovered a lot, but I was expecting a lot more. I am watching bond yields every day.

I think another leg up can only occur if short term yields on CDs and corporate bonds start increasing. This would indicate an exodus from the bond market occurring, signifying increasing investor confidence. It's also possible that once tax refund cheques start arriving, we might see a bit more sizzle.

Bond yields are still ludicrously low according to me. The good news, perhaps, is that they bond yields really have not been decreasing at an accelerated pace, which tells me that any news on Greece, Gold-diggin' Sachs, Obama's War on Wall Street, et al, is not really being acted upon. The bond market can only really benefit from real fear in my diva opinion.


No comments: