Sunday, April 18, 2010

Confessional Booth Time, Volume 180410


I'm pleased to report I'm officially on champagne basis with my local Hermes boutique. They're the Louis Roederer type, so yesterday's visit to Hermes was pure fun. It wasn't Cristal, which is actually produced by Roederer, but I'm sure that's in my foreseeable future. In case anyone's wondering, they were the ones serving moi champagne. What? It wasn't like anyone can accuse me of stalking my very own matching Hermes Kelly handbag + wallet. I was in the neighbourhood and my Hermes representative told me I can have my initials engraved on both my Hermes Kelly handbag and wallet, so I had real business to discuss.

Anyway, my -82.2 pip loss at the beginning of last week was at the back of my mind all week. In hindsight, I did not have to pluck myself like that. It just goes to prove my theory that in most cases, it is better to trade yourself out of a move like that. If anyone else was following GBP/USD, there was still a lot of give and take between the bulls and the bears. The market doesn't deliberately set out to kill everyone's price action. If you've got enough Tory Glory, you can trade yourself out of a move against you most of the time by targeting key retracement points - even if your account is the size of a bike, as mine is. However, some of these losses are perhaps necessary. I was countertrend and the move up was quick and racy. In other words, I got Fraidy.



Honestly, I am feeling much more comfortable at this point with the Guys of London hugging my prices so closely. How do you know if the Guys of London love your prices? They'll keep touching them. And they'll give you perhaps a gentle 30 pips to begin with and retrace and the next time, they'll touch your pips a little more. This time, it'll be a lot faster and a lot less subtle. You'll just know. Blood will be rushing through your veins every time you think about how they gave you 67 pips and then retraced ever so slightly and are now even getting ready to do your bullish divergence.



So, we've got a very smokin' bullish divergence on the GBP/USD 15 minute MACD. Plus, we've also got a very nice bullish divergence on the GBP/USD Weekly that I nearly didn't notice.



Why is the Man Who Broke the Bank of England mum? Is it because he is about to become the Man Who Took the Bank of England to Financial Heaven? Who knows? But so far, I've got divergences, seasonality, and the Most Alpha Guys on Earth on my side.



If they do the whole dark suit, dark tie, dark rimmed glasses thing, they'll totally have the whole sexy professor look down pat. They've already got the accent.



Here's a smokin' chart to rev up your engines...












And if that's not enough, listen to some Young Forever or some Ma Place Au Soleil.

As silly as it sounds, this Confessional Booth Time is actually helping me so much in my trading. I'm admitting my mistakes and thinking about ways on how I can improve my trading the next time 'round.

That's how it's done in Belgium... and I'm hoping the Guys of London do Chinese girls!

No comments: