Sunday, April 4, 2010

In the Confessional Booth with ForexDiva, Volume 040410


Get out your Easter Bunny Ears, Happy Shiny Profit Takers!

The Easter Bunny got to my portfolio early this week and I had some Oh, Oh, Oh It's Magic You Know Wake the Neighbours Type Profit Taking accompanied by the Bwahaha HTEL with some candy to boot (Swiss chocolate).

I am in a relatively better place than I was after my Big Financial Meltdown. My portfolio's been up and most importantly, I have been doing my own homework and I haven't made any major mistakes. My major mistake now seems to be not taking profit at the right moment as opposed to being in the financial dead-ends that I used to be in. But what's the use of being right without taking profit?

I've been on my Hermes Kelly Diet lately, which means no Japanese food and instead, I'll cook up some Gordon Ramsay worthy dishes involving truffles or saffron along with some smokin' hot pips. I can't wait till I can start using champagne in my cooking again. I'll definitely also go for the lobster after this Hermes Kelly Diet is over. Anyway, so far in the past month, I was up +264.09 pips. This includes taking profit on the GBP/USD short that I thought was going to be for better or worse, till financial death do us part. What happened to my open relationships philosophy, right?



264.09 pips... no small feat for my tiny account considering that I now only spend about 2-3 hours per day trading, but I really want to be doing much, much better. I want to ride a forex trendship with benefits this year for some quick and racy ROI!

Other than that, I've been right with C, BAC, and MS. The ones I thought I was wrong on turned out to be right for the most part, including BNHNA, DFS, AA, BX, and BGCP. Then I had an incident with LEHMQ where I used my Crazy Price Strategy, but got too greedy and missed out on the best moment to sell. All in all, it's been good. I am bringing out the gold stars, but I'm also nervous about keeping up this good work in order to recover my account and most of all, my financial dignity.

I realised that trading can either bring out the best or the worst in people. How can I ensure that my trading brings out the better part of me? I view my trading as not only an opportunity where I can build a better and more financially secure future, but also as an extension of me as a person. I take it personally - maybe too personally.

My TETSOB has been my downfall in the past. But this time, I'm hopefully a little less bimbo.

I'm looking forward to attending tomorrow's Brian Dolan webinar since I have a day off. I can't wait to learn something new!


More pips, please...


No comments: