Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bernanke Blues...


Here I was, thinking I was about to become some lyrical miracle with another one-hit wonder, when Bernanke hit a home run. Talk about upping the batting average. For once, Bernanke did not tank the dollar, but he did kill the equities market. I think he even hit GBP/USD with his bat. That was one hit, Bernanke! I got black and blues along with the Guys of London. I am watching the 1.52 area very, very closely. I am questioning my judgment and wondering whether I should get an annulment with this GBP/USD long position.

I think I've fallen in love and I told myself not to get emotional. After being in this trade for such a long time, maybe it's time to abandon the trendship and call it a day? But tomorrow's FOMC. The end of the month is also just a few bars away. Plus, I really want to find out how hung this parliament is. I am almost 100% certain that once the political uncertainty is alleviated, seasonality will work its magic and the Guys of London will be the Most Alpha Males on Earth once again. Winners don't quit and quitters don't win. Right?

The European Debt Dilemma, however, is a big question mark. In previous years, it wasn't that much of a going concern. I'm going to have to ponder this a bit more. If the GBP/USD Weekly Chart closes with some semblance of stamina, I am going to hold onto this horse a bit more.

Let's dust ourselves off with those feather dusters, Guys of London!

Ooohhh... whatever you do, don't hurt me.



No comments: