Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Moola Moola Moo In That Cash Cow Kind of Way...


Today, I decided to try out my little black dress setup on CAD/JPY. All the indicators lined up and there were little black dresses everywhere, so I shorted CAD/JPY at about 91.792. Then, a little voice inside me said, remember that time when we got plucked by missing our target by 5 porkin' pips? There was the BOC Rate Announcement and Goldman had just reported earnings. There was a very distinct possibility the little black dresses might need to come off - and fast. So, I just took my 4 pips rather than risk getting plucked again. It turned out to be a very good move, especially since I'm still in Bimbo Limbo with the Guys of London.

Next time, though, I'm going to have to learn to read sentiment a bit better. I thought the Guys of London liked my prices since they kept hugging them. Then, they ignored my little red dress and headed south after doing the whole 67 pip thing on me first.

On the equities front, two consecutive trading days that were much better than expected did not leave me any sweeter.

Yesterday:

+2.65% on the standard brokerage
+3.64% on the Roth IRA


Today:

+1.46% on the standard brokerage
+1.26% on the Roth IRA


The Guys of London are inching back higher, but they still leave me gasping for more. We're so close and the stove's definitely hot. We have MPC Meeting Minutes and Claimant Count out tomorrow. Are the Guys of London going to get their Bwahahas out so I can make some more moola moola moo?

I've marked 22 April 2010 as the Guys of London's Big Moment. Yes, it's trend on trend time with five major events related to the GBP/USD pair... And if that's not enough, 23 April brings more potential for electric price action.

If we get any back-to-back back-up-the-truck luck, we might see 1.56 this week. Fingers and trading legs crossed!

Oh, just in case anyone thought I'm not talking enough... I was trying to call my BFF forex broker and dialled 877-GO-FOREX instead of 877-FOREX-GO... You do not want to know what happened.

Why do these types of bimbo incidents always happen to me?


No comments: