Monday, January 25, 2010

Yes... Yes... No?!

Oh, dear! My portfolio closed just where I didn't want it to - with a retracement. Talk about short of expectations!

The gains are so minor, it was like the rally never happened.

I wonder if I should be doing something else with my account instead of just nursing positions all the time. When I first started trading, I kept moving my money from stock to stock, taking very small gains. I might have to start doing that with at least a part of my capital later in the year. Once the market starts ranging, we'll need to compensate for a lack of price action with more frequent trading.

I have to say it may be difficult to find stocks that will straightaway increase a few hundred percent in this environment. I'm wondering if I'm not doing enough homework here. However, I do know the biggest buying opportunity of our lifetime has probably already passed us by. Perhaps there'll be another prime stock market sale in another decade!

I'm so torn between adding more to C and buying my new top secret stock of choice...

No comments: