Friday, January 29, 2010

I Am Worried... Do I Look At the Long Term or Go For the Short Term?


This market really isn't looking that hot. Such good news on GDP, such good news with MSFT and AMZN and yet very little upwards sustainability. Not for the sectors I'm really into anyway. BAC hasn't moved much, which shows me that anyone who is short isn't all that scared. It couldn't even stay above yesterday's high. Oil has been retreating somewhat.

Getting out of DFS turned out to be a bit of a mistake. AA hasn't moved much for me either and BX turned out to be an even bigger disaster.

Money seems to be flowing from financials into healthcare. It has been for a few days. The question is who is buying? We would need to see a retracement in healthcare stocks for the money to flow back into other sectors unless new capital is being injected into the market. I suspect after tax refunds come in, we'll see another peak higher.

My options now are to get out of HWD and a partial position in BAC whilst I've still got a profit on those positions, or to stay the course.

The thought of the market breaking below DJIA 10,000 has me very frightened. I think I officially bought into the proverbial Bimbo's Rally.

But if I jump out of C or BAC now, I might be killing my portfolio recovery prospects. And I love Harry Winston way too much.

Thankfully, I'm off for the weekend, so I can't watch the market as it closes the week. Let's hope I'm just being a fraidy cat and that there really isn't much to worry about. But even I am starting to doubt it.


No comments: