Monday, January 25, 2010

Work It, DJIA!

But someone tell me that they're going to throw the Bernanke out with the bath water? That would be my ultimate dream come true.

Finally, my standard brokerage account is +0.59% and my Roth IRA is +0.69%! When the tide rises, the whole market moves. But after last week's declines, my portfolio's far from smokin'. I want a passionate portfolio! I think lukewarm won't do now, especially since my portfolio's still far from recovery.

There isn't that much follow through with DFS price action. It seems people sold on the "good news" that Discover is entering a strategic alliance with BC Cards. This tells me that I might have to get out soon if it doesn't hold its own above today's high. The question is how long I have to wait.

Since I have to wait for some cash to settle from my BAC sale last week, I can't get into my new top secret stock of choice yet. However, it isn't moving too much, so hopefully I'll be able to buy it at a good price. With this one, since it's a mining company, I'm going to have to pay attention to oil prices. If oil declines, I might wait to buy it and get in at an even better price.

No comments: