Friday, January 22, 2010

I Don't Know If I Should Be Regretting This?



Back when Lehman happened, I spent some time trying to catch falling knives as well. HWD turned out to be one of the knives I caught.

The question now is how scared should everyone be about Obama's idiotic proposals?


And is this going to be as bad as Lehman?

I was careful with MS and BAC (partially), but once I had some cash, I wanted to trade.

Should I have just kept my trading legs closed? Earlier in the week, I was congratulating myself on having some sort of trading discipline when I didn't do a USD/CHF short since it hadn't broken out yet. I saved 100 pips because of that.

But now, the prevailing mood in the market is obviously sell, sell, sell. So I am trading against the trend. Moreover, does DFS have too much idle cash? TIF just announced a share buy back programme and a dividend increase when it has far more debt than cash. I think DFS should do a share buy back and dividend increase too. It's got enough cash.

Poor BAC! Even with all the Fair Weather Friends on Capitol Hill owning BAC shares, it still got killed.

No comments: