Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm Dreaming Of Six Figures...

Oh, yes I am! Yesterday, my standard brokerage account ended up being +2.95% and my Roth IRA ended up being +3.12%. Today was another good day for my portfolio, although not as exciting as yesterday. So far, my standard brokerage account is +1.18% whilst my Roth IRA is +2.51%. Jerry Maguire should totally be telling my portfolio: "I will not rest until I have you holding a Coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a new commercial, starring you, broadcast during the Superbowl, in a game that you are winning, and I will not sleep until that happens."

I am quite certain I was too late to catch on to the possibility of C being a very strong money magnet. It's been going up rather rapidly the past two days. So, I hope I'll still have a chance to add some more to my position before it skyrockets. I've done all I could in terms of rebalancing my portfolio and investing as much as I can in C and BAC. I had even taken a few serious losses (serious as in I never take losses unless I'm forced to), such as ABK shares and a small position in BFLY. It seems only George Soros could make money from BFLY.

I'm also going to try out a new money management strategy. I've now got two possible routes that my account could eventually become six figures. I'd like to add a few more. The first route is through my equities portfolio, mainly comprising C, BAC, HWD, and NYX. The second route is through my JBQ Strategy. JBQ has me rather nervous because I'm not sure I bought the right issue of Lehman bonds. I do know that my Finlay bonds could see a very good recovery. So, I'm crossing my fingers there.

So, the new money management strategy I'm going to try out is to map out a few plans that'll all potentially lead me to six figures. I'll treat each one as a separate strategy and kind of group different assets together. This way, I'll increase my chances of becoming six figures. Sooner or later, it has to happen and I prefer this year than next. And I will not sleep until that happens... well, I do rather require beauty sleep. So, I will not rest until I'm holding Coke? No one ever went broke holding Coke...

Yeah, yeah... I let go of KO too soon.

No comments: