Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Very First Hermes Kelly: A Diva's First Instinct Is Still A Credit Card?


I had a fun Saturday. I visited my local Hermes boutique and spent forever there, adding another two beautiful Hermes scarves to my collection. So welcome to Winter Walk and New Springs. This makes it three Hermes scarves in one week, or five Hermes scarves in less than five weeks, bringing my overall collection to ten. Yes, we can (shop)!

Although I used cash to finance these scarves, I am now also technically the owner of a Hermes Kelly handbag in the classic Sellier style in black box leather with palladium hardware. Here's the story...

The appeal of purchasing a Hermes handbag is partially the exclusivity and partially the bespoke aspect - having something completely custom made to your exact specifications and having to actually wait for it. But when I stepped into Hermes and saw this perfect Kelly handbag, which was the absolute perfect size for me, I knew I had to have it. Since I (a) don't have the cash saved up yet, (b) didn't want to wait 12 months for a handbag, (c) would have the money in a few months anyway, I (d) summed up the courage to ask them to set this fabulous Kelly aside for me for a few months rather than turning to my first instinct of presenting them with a shiny credit card. This turned out to be my formula for shopping success!

So, before I turn one and thirty, I will not only be financially free, but will also have the most perfectly fabulous Hermes Kelly ever!!

Usually, people first buy the Hermes Birkin before getting a Hermes Kelly, but I really don't mind. It was absolute love at first sight with this Hermes Kelly...

I'm excited beyond words. Now I'm going to be dreaming about this bag and being on the Hermes Kelly diet for a few months. It'll totally be worth it though. The matching Hermes Kelly Wallet will have to wait till about summer time. This is the (only?) good thing about not having a boyfriend. You don't have to explain to him why you spent so much on a handbag or listen to him justify why a Porsche is worth it while your Hermes Kelly isn't. What's up with the double standard anyway? It's like I won't question your Porsche if you don't question my Kelly.

Anyway, this is total bliss, oh, bliss!!


No comments: