Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh, C!

Why can't I ever get it right with C?? It's a high volume stock, so it must be a crowded market requiring a lot of patience. I would need a box of Kleenex if it gets to $1 again, but I'll still buy. I'll cry, but I'll buy. The more I think about it, the more I feel that each stock must be treated like a different market.

Today's hot air led to:

-1.44% on Roth IRA
-1.26% on standard brokerage account

And I thought it would go straight up!

Even my dearest Harry Winston couldn't save the day. I have to learn to keep my trading legs closed. I'll be the biggest market slut ever if I don't develop some discipline.

This position is either going to get really exciting fairly soon or bring me to my knees!

Wow, if I have to do some more portfolio rebalancing, this isn't going to be easy. It'll be like being caught between a rock and a hard place. If C can stay above $3, the call options at $4 greatly outnumber the put options at $4. The $3-4 range is a hot spot in terms of options for C and I think it'll have to test $4 at some point because there's so much interest there. If I'm wrong, we could be looking at $2-3 range for some time.

Flat on my face kind of ouch!

No comments: