Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Out With the MS, In With the C...


I have been sitting on pins and needles over the past few days, wondering how good (or bad) my new position in MS would be. It turned out good enough, with just a few days in the trade. Factoring in the commissions, I was about +1.38% on the position and considering that earnings are due out tomorrow, 20 January 2010, I didn't want to be tied to any unpleasant surprises if MS comes out short of expectations. Moreover, I really want to deposit that money into my Roth IRA before tax season hits. Since I'm also getting ready to nurse C now, I'm out of MS completely and will be getting into some more C over the next week. I plan to add lots of C, BAC, and maybe BX to my Roth IRA. Depending on how MS reacts, I might get back into it at some point in the near future. It wasn't anything personal, MS.

Aside from the real estate recovery theory, I really like BX from the marketing standpoint. The company's got personality and spirit! However, not much cash... and debt exceeds cash by 38%, so I'm not going get into a very big position. It is still 22% above book value and since there are still companies trading below book value in this market, I'm going to look for those even if it means more research. At the moment, I'm in a small position with BX and if there are good buying opportunities, especially if it should fall below book value, then I'll nurse it some more.

My priorities for now are still C and BAC, both trading below book value with lots of room for market cap growth.

So far, the standard brokerage account is +1.39% and the Roth IRA's +0.27%...

If this were my dating style, I'd be considered a slut, wouldn't I?


No comments: