Thursday, January 7, 2010

ForexDiva Awards 2010


Welcome to the First Annual ForexDiva Awards, where being fashionably late is the trend you call your friend.


Cutest Fitting Room Ever

Whilst I was doing my Christmas shopping, I noticed two guys smiling outside the Victoria’s Secret in SoHo. I thought, well that gift was obviously meant more for the guy than the girl. A few days later, I found myself in need of some holiday cheer, so decided, well if Victoria’s Secret made those guys so happy, it might work for me too. In I went and not only did I get a fair idea about what those guys were smiling about, I also discovered the Cutest Fittest Room Ever. So, this year’s ForexDiva Award for Cutest Fitting Room Ever goes to… Victoria’s Secret in SoHo. Much, much more cost effective than Agent Provocateur, I might add.


Most Beautiful Necklace Ever

Bulgari Diamond and Emerald Necklace… this is not your mother’s estate jewellery (no offense to anyone's mother). Look at how beautiful the unpolished emeralds are and there will be no two pieces exactly identical. That is what a collector’s item is all about. Oh, now this is divine! I would need to have an 8 figure net worth to be able to afford this one, I’m afraid.


Most Beautiful Hermes Scarf Ever

I can’t decide… do I really need to choose? It’s between Offrandes D’un Jour, Attrape tes Reves, and Faubourg Express.



Most Durable Handbag Ever

What hurts more than spending four figures on a handbag that you think could be a classic, but having it look all beat up before the season’s out? It’s happened to me so many times with leather handbags (high-end, I might add, but that should have been a given) and the most damage usually occurs during air travel. Overhead compartments are not very leather handbag friendly. I finally gathered up enough sense to find a solution. For everyday use, get a Prada gabardine nylon tote. It is so inexpensive and I swear I have thrown mine everywhere and it only started looking a bit tarnished after two trips to NYC. Now that’s durable. I would have recommended Louis Vuitton if I liked Louis Vuitton, but it’s one of my least favourite brands in the world. Prada is perfect for everyday use. It’s just expensive enough that people will know you have some sense of luxury, but not expensive enough that you’d cry if it starts showing some wear. Save the Hermes Kelly or the Birkin for business meetings or social events. I am totally getting one with a matching wallet. Oh, yes I am!


At this point, I’d like to thank all our FWFs… well, you know who you are!

No comments: