Friday, January 8, 2010

Good News, Bad News... The Highs and Lows of ForexDiva

First, the bad news... I just calculated all my losses from my stocks, bonds, forex trading, tuition from attending university, and shopping and it's far from pretty - six figures. My actual losses from all my trading is five figures, something I think I can recover fairly soon if I keep doing the right thing.

Now, the good news! How exciting is this? Over the past eight days, both my portfolios increased by about 9.7% through my portfolio rebalancing efforts. Is it just luck or am I actually doing something right for once?

Maybe it's a combination of both. I wouldn't mind doing this more often. I am quite certain I would still be complaining about my portfolio if I hadn't taken action.

Wow, exchanging frogs for princes is pretty amazing. But Citi may still have some more frog days before it becomes Prince Alpha Male Charming again.

Today's Prince Alpha Male Charming? Harry Winston!!! HWD was up +10.05% today. Nothing short of amazing / fabulous / intense / smokin' hot... you get the picture.

To end the week, my standard brokerage account was +1.59% and my Roth IRA was -0.81%.

No comments: