Thursday, January 21, 2010

Whoa... Wayne's World, Party Time!

Jesus! -4.91% on the Roth IRA and -3.29% on the standard brokerage account.

I'm kind of glad I heeded my inner fraidy cat, but my stops weren't smart enough again. I took 32% of my cash out over the past few days, which just goes to show how little cash I had. However, I am going to be much smarter about this money.

Some of the regional banks are the clear beneficiaries so far, but is that necessarily the right way to go? I think cash is still His Majesty the King and the smaller regional banks tend to have a lot more debt than cash.

This weekend, I'm going to have to do a lot more thinking. When you've got a small brain and a small account, you have to spend a lot more energy analysing your next plan of action.

I'm thinking: undervalued + overlooked as well as substantial cash holdings, which translates to not being at the mercy of their bankers. Another plus would be not requiring a lot of cash to sustain the business. Do I live in LalaLand? Not quite. It's DivaLand!

No comments: