Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Why I Didn't Quit...



Including some part time jobs I've had during college, I've been working for close to 12 years. So, to only have the small amount of money I have saved up is pretty much prime material for another colossal failure book.

Every once in a while, something happens that makes me feel like giving up, which is just the story of my life. However, three of my close friends really changed my perspective on life. When I was going through some quite challenging times, they told me not to give up because when you give up, you not only give up on yourself, but you indirectly drag other people down.

One had gone through a divorce at a very young age and she's now ended up with the love of her life. One had the patience to be there whilst I was being stubborn and then finally tell me I had to change direction if things were to be different in the future. One had just been there, encouraging others with kindness and leading by example.

It seems like common sense to persevere. However, it's much easier to say than to do.

But I'm glad I didn't quit.

The point is, I probably would have given up if it were not for people like this. We need to surround ourselves with positive people and I suppose I've just been one of the luckier ones with that regard.


No comments: