Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Should I Be Laughing?


I mean now that the market value of some of my positions are finally higher than my unrealised losses, should I be jumping for joy? And since when did my happiness become correlated with the direction of my portfolio?

There's just one position where I'm still in a very precarious position and that is C, which is nearly -9% today! How did it manage that?

And here come the Republicans crying out for
the bankruptcy process to be expedited.

I'm not sure I agree... sometimes I feel bondholders actually will recover greater value from a prolonged bankruptcy process, especially where retailers are concerned. I would rather wait a bit longer if we can recover significantly more value. However, the bankruptcy application itself should not be prolonged, but expedited as this will ensure that the company does not take on any further liabilities and operating losses.


I haven't actually done any forex trades lately, so perhaps I need to change my name to... BondDiva? Has a bit of a ring to it, doesn't it?

On another note, I think I'm more nervous about the upcoming Coldplay concert than Coldplay themselves. I think all of London will be there - well, about 90,000 guests to be precise. This would be my second Coldplay concert in London. I'm quite excited, actually.

Sadly, I will be saying goodbye to a colleague on the same day. He recently passed away and the funeral is on the same day. He was the first person I met here in Belgium - such a strong, kind-hearted man who lived to be 78. He survived a heart attack and was exactly the type of person who the doctor said would have another two years to live, but ended up living another four instead.

No comments: