Sunday, September 6, 2009

I Cannot Become A Lady Who Lunches...

I've been making a habit out of going to a restaurant called Horta for lunch the past few Saturdays.

This past weekend, I was sitting near a table of ladies who lunch. One was saying how shopping was so tiring and how her husband expected her to shop because he doesn't want her to have a dull and boring wardrobe. Their conversation progressed to the season's colours and how it's always more economical to purchase a dress in the season's hottest colour from a second-tier designer then pair it with high-end accessories to complete the look. I was biting my tongue, trying not to join in on such an interesting topic.

However, when the conversation evolved to how one lady knew another lady who ended up buying something that was already in her closet, I knew my life purpose was not to become a lady who lunches.

However much fun my London Luxury Lifestyle sounds now, I know I cannot enjoy a life like that for more than a year - maybe two. Then, I'd get bored. It's not like anyone could ever see the whole world and I only like cities. So, even if I could go on a holiday every two months, I'm not sure there are that many cities I could realistically visit.

Moreover, I cannot be living a double standard. I can't be here telling people that we've survived for a reason and then not do anything about it myself.

I need a Grand Plan, or at least something that does not involve me becoming A Lady Who Lunches.

I suppose I have some time to figure it all out since it'll take me a while to get to my London Luxury Lifestyle.

I've managed to increase my junk bond holdings to a respectable six figure level last week. So technically and legally, some companies owe me a good six figures. In a few years, if all goes well, I'm going to be a mini-heiress!

Given that Paris Hilton ruined the family name, becoming an airhead socialite is not on my list of goals to achieve, although some people might argue that I'm certainly bimbo enough for the job.

Ah, decisions... decisions...

No comments: