Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oui, He Had Me At Bonjour?


HWD totally had me at bonjour. I'm here wondering why I hadn't bought more.

This was one of my worst positions going into the global financial crisis. I had bought some HWD shares literally weeks before Lehman collapsed and HWD had been one of those stocks that lost more than 90% of its value when it hit its 52 week low. I'm not sure how bad the market got, but I seem to remember really holding the shorter end of the stick, having a number of stocks that lost more than 90% of its value.

Finally, after months of waiting, my position in HWD is actually profiting! This is not only the result of patience. I had to average into the position as well.

So will HWD continue to take my breath away and accelerate this uptrend? Or will I need to start getting out the bandaids again?

No more bandaids, please...

No comments: