Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Only Person Not Making Money From C...


I started out the day reading an email from someone who apparently found it appropriate to address a customer service issue by emphasising how their company has been providing other clients with impeccable service. Right. Rub it in that other people had received impeccable service, whilst I'm stuck here suffering below par standards. Then, I had technological issues all day at work, meaning I didn't get much done. How annoying is that - especially to a workaholic?

And now, I see this: GIC makes $1.6 billion from Citi stake sale... news like this makes me wonder if I'm the only person on this earth still not profiting from C... in all likelihood!

Thankfully, now that my portfolio is now standing on more stable ground, every 1% it moves forward is more meaningful. And now I've had a few good days like this where my portfolio has managed to outpace the broader market thanks to (the strong and handsome) Harry Winston. I hope this continues for some time, although I'm going to be realistic and manage my expectations a bit.

It would make me want to sacrifice booking a 10% gain this year in favour of the longer term trend.

As for ABK... whether I keep ABK in my portfolio will depend on the FOMC statement. My feeling is to get rid of it the first chance I get, but if there's some news supporting further growth potential, I might keep it in my portfolio.

Funnily, AMD is now turning out to be a semi-favourite of mine now that its ascent has been so swift.

High beta is now working in my favour - at least temporarily. But I suppose it's necessary to move with the market.


Let the trading saga continue...

No comments: