Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Apparently I Started Working For C?


This is of course false. But my credit report apparently thinks it's true - probably even as a trader. Hahaha... think about the additional bailouts they would need.

I suppose this is one of those rare moments when subscribing to a monthly credit monitoring service actually helps.

It's really rather strange. The only connection I've ever had to Citigroup is being a proud shareholder and having a few too many credit cards from them.

Other than that, my portfolio isn't doing much today - small decline so far.

Oxfam apparently published an interesting report on how a small forex tax in G20 countries could raise up to $280 billion for impoverished nations. Being semi-Republican, I do not support this tax. Moreover, philanthropy itself demands an investigation. It's of course good to be philanthropic, but are non-profit organisations using their funds in the most efficient and progressive ways? When I get around to it, I'm going to start reading Billions of Drops in Millions of Buckets: Why Philanthropy Doesn't Advance Social Progress, which sounds like a very compelling read.


No comments: