Wednesday, September 16, 2009

-21% For The Next Two Years?


Since I became a BondDiva, I've come to the realisation that even if my entire equities portfolio breaks even, I will still have to count on being at least -21% for the next year to two years.

The cash I've invested in bonds will be locked in for at least this amount of time.

I've been trying to keep a level head with regard to too much daydreaming about recovering the full face value on these bonds. After all, there's a very fine line between hope and disappointment.

Still, as evil as it sounds, I'm kind of hoping that the market will still be ripe for junk bond investing over the next few years. If all goes according to plan, this could be the dramatic entrance I've always dreamed about!

My name in bright lights and everything!

This is six figures if we're talking best case scenario. And if the market continues as it is and I'm able to acquire more junk bonds at my ideal price, it'll be at least seven.
Just a little bit of waiting, that's all.
Junk Bond Queen status may not be so bimbo after all! How does HRH JBQ sound?
But this -21% for the next two years... it'll be one of those grin and bear it situations.
I just have to keep telling myself the longer term is what matters.

No comments: