Tuesday, May 4, 2010

GOL, GOL, Wherefore Art Thou?


Oh, my sweet Guys of London... I hope you're not experiencing a hangover from your extended weekend at the pub. We will find out how hung your parliament is this week, won't we? Then, we won't have any excuses not to get some more plaisir out of this pipless marriage. This position shall finally be consummated and I'm kind of looking forward to it - my first time riding a trend! I hope it'll be a substantial one... with a lot of toe-curlin' Wake the Neighbours type profit potential.



I've decided to hang on a bit more to this GBP/USD position due to a combination of TETSOB and because I don't believe political uncertainty will have much of a long term influence on currencies. Moreover, BOE is on 10 May. After the Parliamentary Election results come in, we'll have at least one day to get out of this trade at a minimum of breaking even.

After the Awful Bigoted Woman Incident, the hung parliament excuse has faded to the background somewhat and the contagion fear excuse is now style of the week. The USD seems to have been the beneficiary, but interestingly, after looking at bond yields today vs. bond yields as of Wednesday, 28 April, yields on 30 year Municipals AAA and Municipals AA have since increased.


This means that prices are falling in these two bond categories whilst 30 year Municipals A yields have been relatively stable. If the AAA and AA categories are being sold, then the market can't be as fearful as the market indices would like us to believe. And the yield increase was substantial in terms of percentage gain. On the 30 year Municipals AAA, we have a difference of 8.13% and on the Municipals AA, we have a difference of 9.09%. Quite a remarkable jump if you ask me.


The past few days have been devastating for my portfolio though. Over the past week, I've seen a minimum of a 6% decline on my Roth IRA and about a 3% decline on my standard brokerage account. It was definitely painful.

I have been doing some more research and sold a partial position in BAC today. I am planning to either get into some more C, get into some more of my top secret FWF sector stock, or purchase BAC back on a retracement to $14 or $15.

It's been a long, hard journey, but we'll all make it one day! Even though the entire world seems to be on the collapse - what, with every "role model" somehow turning out to be one big disappointment in recent times from Tiger Woods (the best thing to have happened to product endorsements) to the Catholic Church to BP to Gold-diggin' Socks.

Let's turn on some bubble gum pop and dance like the Muppet Babies, fellow Happy Shiny BFF Forex Traders...



No comments: