Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's Not Easy Being Queen...


The captain has turned on the fasten seatbelt sign. We are experiencing some unexpected turbulence. Please, everyone, return to your seats...

My tiny forex trading account got plucked today and my Mile High Club Fantasy turned into Kitchen Nightmares as I experience this annoying drawdown. I am keeping my eyes on the levels, but where are the London Alpha Males? They are fraidier than me and now the Men of New York have us backed against a wall. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Will I be able to make it? And if I don't, I've recently started my own subsistence farm. No kidding. I've got a tiny garden where I'm growing some lettuce, potatoes, carrots, and arugula. I'll find a way to survive. Ah ah ah ah staying alive...

I am trying to fly below the radar for the time being though. After the UK Parliamentary Election, we have one less excuse to sell GBP/USD. Right now, though, we still have the whole trend on trend thing going on. Why did I fail to see this?

Trend 1: European Debt Crisis
Trend 2: Hung Parliament
Trend 3: Consecutive better than expected US data reports

Now my only option is to wait out the Hung Parliament Incident and pray that the Men of New York will tone down the alpha just a little. It's starting to hurt and this is not the MAT I'd envisioned happening. I'm going to have to look into a hedge if this GBP/USD long moves against me any more.

However, notice that once a few good reports start coming in better than expected, the market will start setting itself up for disappointment. It's like me with my trading. A few months of winning will get you overly optimistic and counting your chickens before they hatch.

I'm still looking for some buying opportunities in the equities market though. It's inconceivable to me that anything could be worse than this European Debt Crisis, but that's kind of what we said about Lehman. And this, of course, is shaping up to be the second (or third?) biggest buying opportunity of our lives.

Don't forget that this Friday is Non-Farm Pay Day!

Whatever happens, I am resolutely determined to trade myself out of this. I will view this as a learning opportunity and I shall not give up on myself, my financial future, and my Hermes Kelly, which I will collect this weekend! Initially, I thought it would be somewhat of a hollow victory. But I am not going to even let myself think that way. I've worked so many years for it and I am not just about my accounts and my mediocre trading. I am now a diversified, financially dignified woman, albeit with a shrinking bike of a forex account!

Diversified and financially dignified nonetheless!

Stay tuned for some more cliffhangers...



No comments: