Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Quote Unquote Oh, You Make My Chart Stop!

I know just the thing to make me feel better!

I'm going to get new rose-coloured Sexy Librarian Type Glasses with dark red frames so I can give Tall European Men the Come Hither Yet Go Away Ice Ice Baby Look. Which one, you ask? Let's start with the Guys of London! It took months to get them down to 1.45, but within days of the Hung Parliament Incident, they're testing 1.50 again. That's alpha! The speed and the ferocity... it makes my chart stop!

I am still livid today and I should probably be in rehab for throwing those Naomi Campbell style trading tantrums the past few posts and wishing everyone and their word to your mothers a very big Bwahaha HTEL triple-A rated Wicked Witch of the West evil retracement. Sorry, I meant it, but I hope it didn't happen. At the end of the day, we can all be Happy Shiny BFF Forex Traders if we put the TETSOBs aside. I admit I've been an above average one.

This incident made me realise... I've always been afraid that the Miscalculated Risk Gene runs in my veins. Well, it seems it somewhat does and if I don't control it, I'll become # 1 Market Slut.

How unfair is it that after I got quote unquote liquidated, the market retraces right back to where it was before the quote unquote liquidation? But it's a market reality and not a stretch of the imagination. I don't even want to get into the extent to which it is unfair because I'll be able to write 50,000 dramatic pages on it, but I gave myself some financial dignity today by reinvigorating my trading account with some quote unquote capital. It is now a respectable three figures! Laugh all you want. I'm being transparent here. I might have been the Woman Who Couldn't Satisfy the GOL's Trend On Trend, but I'm not going to become the Woman Who Broke ForexDiva's Bank Account.

I still need time to cool off though. When I heat up, you don't want to be (anywhere) near me.

+0.62% on the standard brokerage account
-0.76% on the Roth IRA

Steam still rising from the top of my head...

I'm going to work up the courage to trade again and thank God that I didn't do anything even crazier like average into this trade.

Keep it up, GOL!

No comments: