Monday, May 10, 2010

Gordon Brown, He's Gonna Step Down!


The UK media is labelling this as a desperate attempt, which obviously means they've never seen my blog.

The way I blew up my forex account (again) was like... a trip down a long flight of GBP/USD stairs that led directly to slipping on a pebble that brought me down the USD/CHF cliff.

I don't know what to do about my affair with the GOL, which was all Monopoly Turned Scrabble Turned Strip Poker - as in We See London, We See France, We See ForexDiva's APKS Stuff. GOL, do you still want me to ride your trend? I really need you to keep it up this time and if you'd like to do it slow, I'm OK with that.

I won the consolation prize today:

+4.97% on the standard brokerage account
+3.21% on the Roth IRA


Did it matter that I was semi-spot-on about a few market metrics recently?

Today happened to be a day when a few of these observations, such as money flowing into European markets, demonstrated by Eurofirst 300 being up +7.39%, and an exodus from gold into oil + exodus from bonds (also a few posts back) actually occurred, but it never matters if you don't end up making money from it! This trend needs to continue for the rally to be sustainable. I have a secret metric that I'm looking for to happen, but I'm going to keep it top secret... Oh, whatever! I'll tell you, but you have to promise to keep it top secret... It is for yields on short term CDs on the secondary market to increase, which would signify investor confidence taking flight. If people are willing to get out of their CDs, then that is the investing equivalent of asking a guy if he'd like to come up for coffee. Money has to flow somewhere - into equities, real estate, etc. I am patiently waiting for this Magical + Blissful Moment. Who knows if I'm right?

I am still so ticked off about how I got plucked with my long GBP/USD trendship with benefits in the making and how bimbo I was. Most people won't understand how I can be so ticked off about a bike size account trade (i.e. one mini lot material), but I was working so hard on that account and I was going to scale it up after my PDO was done. I was convinced that this would be my personal pivot point where I would break all previous resistance levels and resistance would finally become support. Now, I'm not even in the mood to look for my absolute favourite trade setups - the little black dress and the little red dress.

Even Brian Dolan was saying how there would be a relief rally after the Hung Parliament Incident. Well, those were not his exact words, but something to that effect.

I'm going to have to listen to what Professor Dolan has to say from now on! I don't want to get plucked again!

No comments: