Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Big Red


My GBP/USD position was so red today, which together with the unpalatable decline in my portfolio, has left me questioning my trading identity. Was I Miss Equities 2010 / JBQ / ForexDiva solely due to a few months of quote unquote luck? Weeks of doing my own homework and touching the market's plaisir points - all gone because of my TETSOB.

-1.0% on the standard brokerage
-0.97% on the Roth IRA

From bwahaha to boohoohoo... even if you read the news, you can still get boo-ed.

However, I like to look at the long term. So, I'm sticking by my GBP Men and looking for buying opportunities in the stock market.

Yields on Municipals AA were up tremendously today at +12.5%. The moola seemed to have flowed into Corporates AA, where yields dropped from 6.1% to 5.55%.

I am actually glad that I realised that an account my size can't possibly compete on the same level as larger accounts. I had asked myself what if GBP/USD retraces significantly? Would I be able to weather this storm? The most recent lows were below 1.48 and if it does a fakeout before we find out how hung that parliament is, I'm not only dinosaur material, but will go down in history as the Woman Who Tried to Ride the GOL's Trend with An Account the Size of A Bike. And because of this doubt, I didn't average in to this trade just yet. In hindsight, it was a good move. The stove's hot!

Hopefully, this time next week, my sweet GOL will be singing me a very special song:

Don't cry for me, ForexDiva!
The truth is I never left you...
Through your persistence,
We'll go the distance.
My ForexDiva...


But now, it's very painful indeed.

Guys of London, we will survive!

Oh, in case anyone was wondering, my top secret FWF stock is not Good Times Restaurants (GTIM).


No comments: