Monday, May 17, 2010

Stubborn As Miu Miu



I watched my salary decline minute by minute today since half of it is tied to the bullish performance of EUR/USD. This time, I don't feel as much financial pain as I did when I was paid only in USD and was living on the EUR and had to pay as much as 57% more for everything, which becomes much more exacerbated if you're a shopaholic like moi.

That was a painful part of my financial history that I'd much rather forget. However, I like to think that with all the technical analysis I'm doing, it's going to pay off one day for me big time. Strategy was not what killed me on my trade; it was trading ego and poor money management. My open relationships philosophy went down the drain as soon as the market started moving in my favour ever so slightly. I lost my marbles, my standards, and unfortunately, my trading chastity.

I like to think that my trading fantasies are not any wilder than most other people. My most OTT one to date involves the proverbial sexy professor of finance (under the age of 33) - complete with dark-rimmed glasses and dark Armani suit with dark Hermes tie - seductively showing me how to ride a trend with a decadent, to-die-for contradictorian chart.


The room would be really dark and somehow, we'd be the only ones in the room, but it'd still be really steamy even though we're practically wavelengths apart. I'd accidentally, maybe subconsciously on purpose, press the wrong button, resulting in a wardrobe malfunction that sets me back 60 pips.

He'd brush his laser pointer gently against the projection screen and tell me... comment allez vous, ForexDiva? Now, let's go back to dreaming about 6 figures and trading even with that minor slip!


Right... so the GBP Men totally got clobbered today. I have to admit I was wrong, but I was already proven wrong at about the 1.45 level. Tell me it's not getting only slightly claustrophobic. I'm looking for the perfect moment to go back to my contradictorian roots - contradicting everyone and anyone. For this to work, I have to remember why some of my other trades worked - or didn't.


My HSFT moment could come when:

1. Bernanke starts sinking the USD again.
2. Some USD positive data starts coming in and the market moves in favour of the counter currency rather than the USD.
3. Obviously, a slowdown in the deceleration of the counter currency against the USD. I'm looking for a chart that looks like it's flatlining.
4. Finally, I'm going to look at JPY crosses.
5. And finally, finally, finally, if all else fails, I'm going to do a MAT or S&R - hopefully, this time, with some semblance of trading discipline.

I took the time to look at the retail landscape this weekend (euphemism for shopping). I noticed I wasn't the only one shopping. And mind you, I live right here in Euro-land. It feels like the world is collapsing, but bid sizes are massive. Hermes was packed when I went to collect my Kelly.

I'm now waiting for the proverbial Japanese Housewives to go shopping in European stock markets.


The first to run are often the investors with the most to lose and I'd say most of them are safe - just waiting for the right one to come along.


No comments: