Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Traded Like There Would Be No Tomorrow...


Yes, the nymphomaniac is back. And boy do I mean it! I couldn't get enough of the market today.

Sold C and HWD in the SBA - C at a four figure loss and HWD at a four figure gain. It made the pain of having to part with the Crown Prince much more palatable. Unfortunately, the SBA is now in major red territory overall as all my winners have been taken out of the running. I have yet to decide what to do with the moola in my SBA.

Next, I added a whole bunch of stocks to my Roth IRA as I had a beautiful five figure amount there waiting to be traded after selling BULIF and C.

Added BAC @ $13.91. I figured if I'm going to park my cash for a dividend increase play, it might as well be with BAC as it has a very similar profile to JPM, being a major acquirer of distressed assets during the global financial crisis. Recall that BAC's CFO got in at around this level at one point. Since I missed the move up from my $11.18 entry level back in late 2010, I've been secretly pining for more BAC. I finally did it today.

Added HWD @ $14.27... Love Harry too much to actually sell him for good. Plus with all the chatter about Rio Tinto moving more aggressively into diamond mining exploration, and with Harry Winston being a joint venture partner with Rio Tinto in the Diavik venture, I do dare to speculate that one day, Harry may potentially become an acquisition target of none other than Rio Tinto - if not by other sizable players. I would personally love to see Harry within the Richemont Group and prefer that to an LVMH merger. In fact, Richemont should join LVMH in also looking at my favourite brand, Hermes.

Added NMR @ $5.66... one of the few remaining banks that is highly undervalued according to my diva standards. Why? Take a look at the balance sheet. There's one secret ingredient that nobody looks at, which I like to use to spice up my trading. Hopefully, it still works! I kind of want my profit taking to be like Boris Schlossberg though.


-0.38% SBA
+0.45% Roth IRA

-0.36% S&P
-0.15% DJIA
-0.31% Nasdaq

+4.36% Nikkei


I'm looking to target 5-year chart levels now, loonie as it may seem...


No comments: