Monday, March 14, 2011

All It Takes Is One TETSOB Trade A Year...


... to keep a woman in perpetual bankruptcy. Last year, I took two - namely, the HP Incident and the Too Legit To Quit Incident.

This year, I learned my lesson and thankfully implemented a little bit of self-restraint, which limited my losses for the day even though I made the most untimely buy on MFG on Friday, which despite having globally diversified operations, got the guilty by association treatment today. It hurt, although my monetary losses are nothing compared to the tragedy unfolding in Japan. FYI: Kathy Lien started a Forex Traders for Japan Earthquake fundraiser. Bless her chart!

I woke up early this morning and was so excited about being able to attend a Brian Dolan webinar for a change. I now need a tonne of coffee to stay awake and even worse... boy was I surprised when the presenter turned out to be none other than BFF forex broker. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed because I know BD is a JPY expert and with the $265 billion in emergency funding provided by the BOJ today, it would have been a very good learning experience to hear BD's insights during this critical juncture. BFF forex broker is very knowledgable, but BD is an industry veteran! I'm sure BFF could be the next BD somewhere down the road - especially if he works really hard.

Anyway, my portfolio underperformed the market by about three times today, but over the weekend, I took three seemingly productive courses of action:

1. researched 30+ potential five to six figure opportunities for my currently zero dollar business
2. researched some more balance sheets and noticed that P/E ratios on most financial sector stocks are healthy - contrary to reports about the market being overbought. Retail stocks are a different story though and AMZN has a shocking 66.86 P/E whilst SKS has a P/E of about 55.69.
3. applied for some more six figure jobs. It's grueling, but I know I have to keep at it because the moment I stop, the moment I totally kill my financial future if I haven't already.


I'm starting to think maybe something is wrong with me and that I've been on a drug called Charlie Sheen, especially after today's report card:


-1.89% SBA
-1.67% Roth IRA

-0.60% S&P
-0.43% DJIA
-0.54% Nasdaq

-6.18% Nikkei (wait... isn't that like a Fib number?)


I could almost beg Bernanke to give us some QE3, but the BOJ's massive liquidity injection today must count for something. And I'm not that desperate!



No comments: