Monday, March 28, 2011

Austin (Not Powers)...


I have to create a legal and ethical business entity for my new consulting business and decided to try Texas since it is one of the few states that does not have an income tax. So theoretically, if I actually have business, I would be able to enjoy a huge tax advantage by saving myself at least 15%! I'm already fantasizing about stashing my cash in Texas and lettin' it grow.

If I'm more careful with my trading, I could be saving myself 15% left and right. It seems I bought at the wrong moment as all the squeaking about QE2 coming to an end has already started. I reckon it will continue through to at least Non Farm PayDay this week - and if job creation is considered quote unquote weak, we'll see some more selling until Earnings Season hits, which actually is right around the corner. When do I ever learn? Once options expiry occurs, the stove cools off and we have to wait until the market's yearning and burning for price action before jumping on the bandwagon.

Did I already mention that pre-Santa levels have been hit on a few stocks that I've been following - particularly on C, BAC, MS, BCS, and GEN?

Tomorrow, we'll get to witness either the destruction or the resurrection of my SBA since my horizontal foreplay with ZZ will officially end with its highly anticipated earnings announcement. Let's get on with the vertical action, I say - and by that, I mean upwards vertical action please.


Friday's Results:

-0.24% SBA

-0.88% Roth IRA

+0.32% S&P

+0.41% DJIA

+0.24% Nasdaq



Today:

+5.22% (totally, absolutely skewed due to the withdrawal of cash from this account and also since EATR went up)

-0.94% (painfully, unfortunately real due to undisciplined buying at the exact wrong moment)

Gains + Losses on both portfolios essentially balance one another out...


-0.21% S&P
-0.19% DJIA
-0.45% Nasdaq


No comments: