Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sell Sell Cool J...


Oh, C... where does it hurt? Would you like Nurse ForexDiva to take your temperature?

You know you're making everyone's blood pressure rise...

After doing good by the Sultan by selling all my shares in BCS, I have yet to find another worthy investment that I can do some trend riding with and yet maintain my trading chastity. For now, my trading legs remain crossed and I have some cash in my Roth IRA that I can contemplate playing with.
GEN gave us an unforgettable session with a +3.70% advance, but C and ZZ left my portfolio in an awkward position with some mixed signals - not breaking support, yet making some seemingly contradictory price declines by rejecting the tops. This could just be an indication of some very smart buyers, especially since we are in a prevailing bull market. The two indications that I was looking for a year too early - namely the exodus from bonds and the exodus from gold into oil - could just be starting out now. And if that's happening, then that money has to go somewhere even smarter.

Most of the high dividend plays have now been arbitraged, so people have to start positioning themselves in stocks that will begin to increase their dividends. Could it be C?

I'm going to watch GEN now and see if it can break its 3-month high just above $4.20. If this level becomes support, then I can potentially put my newfound moola to work with this new trend by adding to GEN in my Roth IRA. Strangely, GEN is one of those utilities stocks that has no dividend. Could this be about to change? With the $50 million loss it posted for 2010, it's anyone's guess. Options analysis shows that price positioning for March is not yet evident.

Being the Wicked Witch that I am, I'm bracing myself for the possible scenario that some high beta stocks will test pre-Santa Rally 2010 levels.

I'm not the only one who's evil, though. The bears sold me with a Sell Sell Cool J move, leaving me with:

-0.65% on the SBA
-1.4% on the Roth IRA

Surprisingly, my portfolio rebalancing seems to have been well played since DJIA closed with -1.38%, Nasdaq with -1.61%, and S&P with -1.57%.

Gosh... Mr. Paulson's kind of dashing, isn't he? I had no idea he wears glasses...



No comments: