Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Powers That Be Are Working With Me...


Oh yes they are! In case nobody heard, Bulgari is being acquired by LVMH in the biggest OMG OMG OMG YES way. Sorry for Catholic schoolgirl crush screaming, but could it get any hotter than this? Recall my back-in-the-day musings about Bulgari potentially becoming a takeover target...

Last week, Harry took my temperature after the Crown Prince nearly gave me a chart attack. Today, Harry followed the luxury trend higher and gave my portfolio a little more TLC since people obviously are wondering... who's next, Monsieur Arnault?


Thursday's Report Card

+1.28% SBA

+1.4% Roth IRA

+1.72% S&P

+1.59% DJIA

+1.84% Nasdaq



Friday's Report Card

+0.87% SBA

-1.83% Roth IRA

-0.74% S&P

-0.72% DJIA

-0.5% Nasdaq



Today's Report Card

+2.95% SBA
+3.66% Roth IRA
-0.83% S&P
-0.66% DJIA
-1.40% Nasdaq


I am now going to look for undervalued + overlooked stocks in the Nasdaq and DJIA for potential trading opportunities. That does not mean I will really buy though. Balance sheet comes first. If I see no tempting trading opportunities, the trading legs will remain Catholic schoolgirl crossed.

P.S. BULIF was +$6.11 today, translating to a +57.53% yay! Tendering was started at 12.25 EUR, so if I can get a good premium over that, I'm selling...

P.P.S. HWD bucked the trend with a buck increase (+$1.00 or +7.60%)... I won't sell ya, Harry - not yet!


No comments: