Thursday, March 17, 2011

Do I Actually Know What I'm Talking About?


Not only do I feel like a bimbo, but I also feel like a zombie. It's been a few days since I decided to wake up early to get more work done and I think I'm just not having enough coffee or having too many thoughts about forex.

Anyway, it's not easy wearing a few different hats - applying for jobs, getting the silent no, prospecting for new business, networking, trading, starting yet another new artistic venture, looking hot for the Men of New York, etc. Can't even get a cup of coffee in edgewise. Didn't even eat lunch.

So the biggest reason I feel like a bimbo today is that I totally could have played this both ways! I could have bought the energy sector yesterday and then switched back to buy a Japanese financial sector stock. I totally should have done that - but didn't. And now that I reflect on it more, I totally should have found a new job before quitting. Now everyone thinks I got dissed and dismissed rather than the other way around, which it was! I was the one dissing and dismissing!

Back to trading... P/E ratios apparently don't matter during crisis situations. So I'm going to remember that. I had to paraphrase that in order not to be appear witchy, which I am, but I don't want to appear that way, but now I do even more because I revealed my innermost trading thoughts and feelings.

So let's do a recap of what's happening with the energy sector plays I fraidily didn't get into the other day: ICO, LNG, UNG, and PQ...

5-day timeframe:

LNG looks like it's forming a H&S
ICO looks like it's doing a little bit of a double or maybe a triple top
UNG and PQ both appear to be hitting uptrend channel resistance


Perhaps we're almost there and the selling will now slow down? The financial sector inched down a bit more today and is now +2.24% over the past three months, with life insurance approaching the red zone in a minor way. Will we get back to pre-Santa levels? C already seems to be there, but BAC isn't yet.

My conditional one-cancels-all buy on NMR or MTU or MFG still did not get hit and a tiny part of me is screaming get in now or you'll miss the ride. I'll see... if I miss the ride, what would be a good contingency plan?

The funniest thing is that some woman in my building literally threatened to kill herself yesterday - probably over some inconsequential trust fund baby type issue. I've been in Europe for almost a decade, so I'm not used to emotional, public outbursts like that anymore. It's actually sort of... well, never mind. I'll just censor myself again.

My report card for the day does not need censoring:

+1.83% SBA (results are a bit skewed due to EATR being in this portfolio)
+1.39% Roth IRA

+1.34% S&P
+1.39% DJIA
+0.73% Nasdaq

-1.44% Nikkei
+1.75% FTSE



No comments: