Friday, March 11, 2011

I Crossed My Trading Legs And Hoped to Sigh...


... but was it any surprise that I had one of the worst performances in a while today? What goes up must come down - eventually. I hope no one's holding it against me that I slipped up yesterday by forgetting my E*Trade login security thingy, but even if you do, I don't really care. I do know I'm going to have to be a little bit more responsible now.

Last night, I was doing my own homework and have a few new trading ideas. First, I'm going to start getting ready for Lehman's exit from bankruptcy! Since the oil drama's going on, this might actually be the best time to position myself. I have a target in mind already, but I'm going to spend time getting to know its balance sheet first before I jump.

Secondly, I liken today's trading environment to the HP Incident or BP oil spill that happened last year. Obviously, they're different - but fundamentally similar. I know my friend Tim made a really smart trade last year at the height of drama, so I'm going to spend some time going over what went on last year and seeing if I can find a similarly well-played setup.

Oooh... I've got a big meeting tomorrow and I'm hoping to walk out of there with six figures. I went to Sephora today and bought myself the cutest girly girl nail file. What? One must dress for success. I'm also going to do my own homework and prepare my presentation... wish me luck!

Speaking of luck, anything would be better than today's price action, I reckon:

-2.92% SBA
-1.61% Roth IRA

-1.89% S&P
-1.87% DJIA
-1.84% Nasdaq


I am far from discouraged though. Notice how the most recently rebalanced Roth IRA has fared better than my SBA and the major stock indices. This means that frequent rebalancing could be a very promising strategy.



No comments: