Thursday, October 20, 2011

What Went Up?


I can't figure it out, HSFTs! I set myself a profit-taking goal this week and even after doing a whole lot of research involving daily folders and colour-coordination of stocks, I still ended up getting dinged.

I'm not at all pleased by my performance this week, so I'm going to need to step up the efforts.

I open up FT.com and got a pre-Halloween Bwahahaha scare with the 'Libya Confirms Gaddafi Killed' image on the front page. That's a little TMI there, FT editors. We don't actually need to see the post-mortem, thank you.

My Ray of Shining Light, 9FM, gave me a call late at night as I was making a risotto well past 2:00 am (what? I haven't had risotto for a year...) to thank me for the holiday gift I sent him. It's his holiday in a few days and I was initially slightly ticked off that he missed our scheduled conference call earlier, but when he called later and sounded absolutely elated about the gift, I forgot my anger almost immediately. He's quite a gentleman, he is. I think he's even slightly charming.

And since he was single-handedly responsible for my financial well-being this year, I had to show him some gratitude. And a lot of gratitude it was! First, I sent him some traditional desserts for his office some time after our project. Then, I presented him with a customised limited edition Hermes tie. Now, for his holiday, I sent him some more traditional saffron desserts and some beautiful pastries.

My main goal is not only to get more business from him, but to smooth out our previous hiccup. And I'm happy that I was able to at least do the second part because on the whole, it was nice working with him. I told him very frankly that I would like to be known for my work, not for my gifts. Then, I presented him with a business development proposal for the next year, which he is reviewing now.

I'm not a good sales woman, HSFTs. But hopefully, he will see that I can do my job.


+0.94% SBA (what went up here because it doesn't seem like anything really moved?)
+0.07% Roth IRA

+0.32% DJIA
-0.21% Nasdaq
+0.46% S&P

I'm going to do some more research tonight and review what I did wrong and how I can do it right next week. The FT shouldn't be showing us post-mortems, but we need to be doing a trading post-mortem every once in a while...



No comments: