Thursday, October 27, 2011

For Once, I'm (Almost) Speechless...


Today was the single biggest gaining day in ForexDiva history - or so it seems!

VIX finally broke and closed below the 29 - 30 area, triggering a tonne of pent up buying repression from Professors of Finance the world over and jolting them to price action.

The dynamics we're seeing are so different from just a few weeks back. Now we've got the prospect of repatriation of US troops on the horizon, US GDP growth back at 2.5%, some sort of European Debt Crisis Resolution.

I inadvertently bumped into a money-making strategy to my liking throughout this severe market turmoil - playing stock downgrades. With first-hand experience through holding onto a stock that has been downgraded - namely JRCC - I kind of now know what to expect. There's money to be made!

MF (-15.88%) was no longer hot today, suggesting too much volume is in this stock and we've got to wait for the calm before the storm. My question is will we see another round of selling pressure since it closed way below its daily 50% retracement level and very close to today's low? Would it be wise to place a bid an arbitrary % below the annual low at $1.07 right now?

I failed to bank any of my gains today and constantly glance back at selling BCS (+17.37%) too early. Though I didn't bank anything today, I'm setting my sights higher - to the 50% annual Fib level of many stocks. On TGB, it's right around the corner and I'm targeting the $4.40 - $4.50 level.

Just a note that Nasdaq is now just 149.12 points away from the annual high!


+7.41% SBA (yes, yes, yes!!!)
+7.29% Roth IRA (Oh, Professor... even NMR went up!)

+2.86% DJIA
+3.31% Nasdaq
+3.43% S&P

+2.89% FTSE
+3.69% Eurofirst (finally closed above 1000)

-14.53% VIX


Some beautiful highlights of stocks in my portfolio:

+9.56% BAC
+18.88% CENX
+9.41% DVR
+7.90% HWD
+14.75% JRCC
+4.96% MFG
+9.02% NMR
+5.65% TGB

EATR, IDGG, and LEHMQ - also still in my portfolio and unfortunately, still losers... but will one of them hit it big one day?

I've got an idea to start a third portfolio that will only focus on one trading strategy, but as it is, it is very difficult to switch back and forth between portfolios in E*Trade. There's at least a two-second lag and it's very difficult to trade a few positions at the same time. So right now, I've been focusing on the SBA and not paying enough attention to the Roth IRA.

I wish I could view all my accounts on one page and make trades directly from that page...



No comments: