Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Spruce Lee


Why is it that every time I try to enjoy myself, I get stiffed with a portfolio retracement? Cal Dive turned into a no-nonsense nosedive, falling -8.13% today. It kind of makes sense since crude oil inventories fell so much, the speculation is that there would have been a lot less drilling. But DVR really got the worst of it out of all the oil shovel sellers. Let's wait for DO and PD earnings announcement later in the week before we make a snap judgment, shall we? Plus, DVR is already trading at such low P/S and P/B levels. The oil drillers have been sold off early in the game already. I say it's time for a rebound, especially as supply is starting to taper off.

My portfolio might have lost the spring in its step, but I gave my corporate web site a makeover - and got one of my own. After spending a few hours at the salon and the spa yesterday, I have some sparkly red strands in my hair and boy do they make me happy! I've always wanted red hair, but now I've got the best of both worlds - not having to dye my hair but at the same time gaining a few red sparkly party diva strands known as hair tinsel. Looks like I'm almost two years late with this trend as Beyonce sported them in 2010.

If I hadn't been scheduled to meet 9FM in June, I would have gotten them earlier, but it's never too late to have fun!

Yesterday, a beautiful:

+2.72% SBA
+2.27% Roth IRA

+1.58% DJIA
+1.63% Nasdaq
+2.04% S&P


Today, suffering from a very big pre-Halloween Bwahaha treat from the despicable bears:

-1.90% SBA
-2.57% Roth IRA

-0.63% DJIA
-2.01% Nasdaq
-1.26% S&P

-2.51% WTI Crude
-2.38% Brent Crude

+9.13% VIX

+0.74% FTSE

I'm looking in my VIX-correlated stocks folder for a potentially good play...

Who knows what the Eurozone emergency pre-summit meeting will result in, but the GOLs seem to have one foot in the water?


No comments: