Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Would Purring Be Totally Inappropriate?

Very possibly... but no words could possibly express just how elated I am at the moment...

+3.54% on the SBA
+4.34% on the Roth IRA

Now this is what portfolio recovery is all about. DJIA, you can do that to me again any day!

My darlingest frog, BCS, was up +9.7% today and closed the day on the high. BCS was thisclose to making it on TheStreet.com's Winners & Losers today, but STT beat it by a fraction with a 9.87% gain. Darn! I thought that was quite a heroic performance already, but HERO (not in my portfolio) closed the day at +11.84% and BMJ (also not in my portfolio) closed the day up +33.64%. The grass is always greener, isn't it? I like observing what the rest of the market is up to as it keeps me on my toes somewhat.

If the GOLs are this hot on the trading floor, it really makes you wonder how hot they are elsewhere... such as in the Bentley... on Bond Street... on a British Airways flight?

I am still awaiting the time when I can bank gains like this every day.

If this was just QU luck, I'll take QU luck every once in a while... but that isn't the point of trading, is it? We are in search of a scientific way to bank high single digit or even double digit percentage gains on a frequent basis. The traders who can do double digit percentage gains on a daily basis won't be confiding how they do it, but I've got a secret desire to be like them one day!

Hush... our secret, darling HSFTs!


No comments: