Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Can't Help It If Trading Turns My Stove On...


Wow! Yes, right there, Harry. LOL. HWD was +6.07% today - the absolute shining star of my portfolio. I'm so glad I touched his prices at exactly the right levels.

Today, I'm also glad I sold MS for BCS!

The thing I still don't understand is... with BCS' credentials, how can LYG still have a higher market cap than BCS? I just don't get it! Actually, with BCS' credentials, how can C still have a higher market cap than BCS too? Or BAC... or JPM? BCS is highly undervalued according to me and if it starts descending again, I'm going to buy more! BCS will be my new BFF.

At its 52WH, BCS only had a market cap of about $72.41 billion whereas C now has a market cap of $115 billion. LYG, meanwhile, has a market cap of slightly above $58 billion. If BCS starts catching up with LYG in terms of market cap, this means we could easily see BCS above $20 again quite soon.

Today:

+3.47% on the SBA
+1.50% on the Roth IRA


Does this mean we're in for a very hot summer? I think I'm feeling quite steamy already. Aren't you?

Something else I'm thinking of cooking up... MF. For real! I've been watching MF for a while and if it falls below $4.80, I'm in with a few hundred shares. With a book value of $9.25 and Price/Sales and Price/Book both well below 1, this position could be nice. However, I'm going to do some serious homework before I make a definitive move. I may just end up trading my usual Knights In Shining Armour - either C, HWD, or BCS.

I don't know yet, but I do know I missed out big time on RTP and BHP. It'll probably be ages before we see those beautiful undervalued levels again.

But the key to my financial future was staring me right in the face and I failed to realise the power of a small five figure account like mine. With just minor two or three percent daily moves, this could be the beginning of some serious cash. I need to start asking myself the best way to bank these moves on a daily basis. And not only that - I need to start banking already.

One can easily survive on a 2% daily move, isn't that true?

Laugh all you want, but I did the math:

$10,000 account (just as an example)
2% move = $200
Do that daily for 25 trading days straight and you've just banked $5000 or 50% ROI...

For those that like scale, this could easily be five figures additional income per month if you either get a 4% daily move or increase your original investment.

If that's not beautiful, I don't know what is. Perhaps it's more like a get-rich-quick sort of trading mentality, but... oh, it'll be so delectable when I finally make it!

Now, it's still one of my trading fantasies, but if I'm going to be six figures this year, I better stop blogging and start trading.



No comments: