Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm A Honeygreen Money Making Machine...


...but not today - unfortunately!

-0.76% on the SBA
+0.31% on the Roth IRA

I haven't been able to get filled on any of my four crazy forex positions. It's just as well that my levels haven't been able to please my BFF forex broker lately. Anticipation can be delicious, but tomorrow, I think I'm just going to have to jump in at a market rate. I've been out of the forex market for far too long now and it's Treasure Trunk Time. I think I fancy Franc, who has obviously been working out. So, will it be USD/CHF or EUR/CHF? I'm going to dream about it - possibly all night.

I had a good Friday, bringing my Roth IRA up to only about -4% or so. Still, I can't believe how I let all that moola pass me by. I was at one point up about +14.5% on this account. I'm not going to complain that I didn't bank it during the height of a very passionate + steamy + dreamy market encounter. I've learned the all-important lesson of banking it whilst you can during this recent brush with financial death.

Pulling the trigger is not as easy as it sounds. Take HWD... I hadn't realised it, but Harry Winston has been carrying my portfolio throughout these cold, dark trading days. So, today's dysfunctional performance is hopefully just a minor incident - one to forgive and forget about. But what if it's an intermediate market top and what if I'm missing out on a major opportunity to bank a serious amount of cash? I can't bring myself to end this beautiful, romantic, pleasurable trendship with benefits any time soon - even at +50.11% on the full position. I like looking at my +260% gains on the partial position that I bought almost at the market bottom. I like how Harry surprises me with those high single digit ultra-alpha daily gains. I even like the occasional wardrobe malfunctions because Harry and I - we have a love-hate relationship, don't we. His moves are better than flowers, I'll tell you that much. But seeing that +260% paper gain... that gets me burning... and unfortunately, it feeds my TETSOB.

The only thing left to do now is to force myself to evaluate HWD objectively and rationally. I'm going to do a comprehensive competitive analysis and see if I should bank Harry or keep on riding the waves of passion.

My next course of action now is to save up a sizeable stash, open a new account, and implement my new Honeygreen Moola Making Machine Strategy by banking daily single digit gains. I've had some experience investing in companies I know very little about with attractive, even irresistible, balance sheets. I find that I'm much less emotional about the profit-taking. We both go in knowing it's only going to be a few trading days of guiltless money-making fun. No one gets hurt. That's pure 21st century open relationship type, honest trading plaisir at its finest!

Fill my wallet, please...

No comments: