Thursday, July 22, 2010

Let the Hate Abate...


At least for today...

+2.42% on the SBA
+4.68% on the Roth IRA

The most interesting and enigmatic gainer in my portfolio today is surprisingly not Harry, but Bulgari - with +9.87%. I have a feeling something is in the works with BULIF. Could it be a potential acquisition target... yet again? Rumours, rumours... Get on with the action already! I'd like an all-cash buyout, please.

Another delectable collectible in my portfolio happens to be BCS with +7.42% and very heavy bidding. Yes, woo us, BCS!

I have / hate to say that the ask volume on a few stocks is very high - especially with C. I'm wondering if I should exit now? But I don't think C is terribly overvalued. C is one of those stocks that I'm a bit excited by yet at the same time afraid of. If the upside materialises, the gain could be very high. However, the selling could get very aggressive at times. I am especially fraidy about the investors who have millions of shares - not thousands of shares. Still, I'm drawn to C in that if it hits $2.50, I'll buy some and if it hits $1 again, I'll buy some more way.

For people who are into alpha, check out FOLGF, but don't quote unquote me on it. No, it's not Folger's! It's Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd. I'm not really into penny stocks any more after having had a bad experience with my LEHMQ play, so I won't accuse anyone of arbitraging me if it goes up. I have now put a top secret crazy sell on LEHMQ. If it hits that level and my order goes through, it's going to be a five figure profit for me. Anyway, FOLGF gained +11.11% today. It's had a few days like this. Could it be a pump and dump? Who knows? And what if the recent sell-off was really a short and distort?

We're getting close to 1100 on S&P and 10,700 on DJIA. If those levels hold, I wonder how much more intense the short squeezing will get?

The bears were wrong on MS and this sent MS up over +20% in just a few days. So, if the same thing happens to BCS, it could get very, very decadent! If I'm wrong, I think the downside is contained and I might even buy more - depending on my mood of course..

I wouldn't mind another few sessions where I can be Queen of Green / Smokin' Vixen / Atomic Kitchen. But after getting hurt this badly, I'm still a bit fraidy to do anything seriously APKS. So, I'll just see how it goes. My eyes are pinned on C and BCS as these are my biggest (and hopefully hottest) positions.


No comments: