Monday, November 2, 2009

Regret...

My trading day was filled with regrets. Regrets are never good. So, I sold part of my BAC position today for a minor 12% profit on this part of the position.

I was really regretting not selling earlier. Earlier in October. Earlier in the day. Any time earlier would have been better. But as I mentioned earlier, I am trying to prevent any further damage to my portfolio. I still have another two partial lots on BAC and once I successfully complete my PDO (premeditated debt obliteration) process, I'll be in a better position to look for other trades.

But admittedly, I am a fraidy cat. BAC had broken out of a rectangle consolidation and the 200 Day Moving Average was right above my original entry price on that lot. According to my stop-running knowledge, there's a good chance that BAC might hit $12 again. I wasn't in a frame of mind to risk that, but I probably should have been faster and smarter too.

Anyway, getting back to regret. I was looking at this trade from the following point of view.

I have two choices:

1. Sell BAC now and get some peace of mind
2. Wait until it retraces and puts me at a loss. Should I put my trading ego aside again? What if it takes out the $12.80 level? Then, it’s too late to cry.


I'll continue to nurse HWD and I'll wait for C to go further south.

Harry Winston, further north please!

I'm worried. I hope I’ll be able to make some other more profitable trades very soon because otherwise, I’ll only close out the year with a +3% gain. It beats inflation, but anyone can do +3%! Especially in a year where you could basically buy anything and make money.

My biggest regret of all: being too greedy.

No comments: