Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Due to Unfortunate Trading Circumstances...

I'll be blogging more today. Blogging has kept me from making some pretty bad trades this year. The precarious looking charts on gold and oil from yesterday obviously only looked precarious to me since neither one made a very large move. Gold made about a $14 move down at one point, but oil went up. Since I didn't find any currency pairs that lined up with my theory, I didn't make any trades yesterday.

Today, I'm looking for more correlation possibilities. I'm going to monitor gold and oil throughout the week for some more inspiration. Ode to Gold and Oil...

GBP/USD looks interesting at the moment, but only for technical reasons.

I haven't talked about Harry Winston for some time and it's been a bit of no news is good news. My HWD position is firmly profitable at the moment. Honestly, I'm waiting for HWD to become an acquisition target. Along with TIF and BULIF, HWD remains one of the few remaining publicly traded independent luxury jewellers. It's a surprise that Richemont, PPR, LVMH, or The Swatch Group haven't found it even slightly intriguing for all these years.

In my world, a TIF and HWD merger would be ideal. TIF has really good marketing and they would be able to do a lot with an icon like HWD.

I really hate myself for missing out on TIF. That's definitely going down as one of my worst trading moments this year. I chose NYX over TIF! C'est moi!


No comments: