Monday, November 23, 2009

Comme Ca Et Comme Ca...

No one bothered to post any Madoff jokes?

Even if there were, my portfolio was +1.22% today and I found another few potentially interesting stocks I can look into when I'm finally done with all this stressful PDO stuff.

High dividend + low beta = less stress

Today, I haven't found any charts that millionaire dreams are made of, although I didn't look very hard, but I did realise that the next step in my learning process must be to identify when all the stop-running is done.

Since we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Belgium, I'm going to look for trades on Thursday and Friday. And maybe figure out what to do with ABK. During the summer, when I was fretting about it only being a matter of time before ABK files for bankruptcy, there was a small window of opportunity when I could have sold it for only a minor loss. Looking back, it would have been the right thing to do. However, since it moved up so dramatically, I thought I'd be able to recover my full investment before getting rid of my ABK shares once and for all. Nope. It turned out to be another lapse in judgment. I wouldn't mind now if ABK just decided to give everyone a Thanksgiving present and ROTB (ripped off the bandaid). That would even be like an early Christmas gift and a very early New Year's kiss from a prince turned frog. Either way, it's not good.

Four figures out the window... down the drain... water under the bridge...

Run out of metaphors...

No comments: