Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Rally Did Not Leave Me Behind...

My portfolio was up +2.87% today, but unsurprisingly, I have been focused on the fact that I sold BAC way too early. It was almost a moment deserving of an "Ode to Air Piano" type poem, but I like to look at the bright side every once in a while too.

I'm more surprised about why the +10% unemployment rate didn't spook the markets at all. My Dad tends to think that it's because everyone's been expecting +10% unemployment for a while, so it's already been priced in. People are probably taking it as good news that it isn't worse. He's experienced two market crashes - the DotCom Boom and the recent Global Financial Crisis, so hopefully he's right and I can continue buying small lots here and there. Apparently, he also believes it's OK to have a few losers in one's portfolio as long as the winners offset the losers.

But this article thinks that
the pivotal point may be 20 November, when options are due to expire.

My highlight of the day was adding to C. I wish I had enough cash to add to BAC too, but perhaps I'll add to BAC in the new year. Sooner or later, some more profit-taking will have to occur and that'll be my moment to (hopefully) shine. I'm only praying that my JBQ tiara isn't too big for my head. I've already got a trading ego the size of Belgium. A tiara that won't fit will really give me anger management issues.


Too bad my Buy 1 Get 1 Free on EUR/USD turned out to be a false alarm. Since it still needs some time to setup, I'll have to review it again tomorrow. Tonight, I hope I won't have any more BAC dreams. I wouldn't mind dreaming about Harry Winston though.

No comments: