Friday, October 1, 2010

Confessional Booth Time: Volume 011010, Unintended Consequences


Anyone with a portfolio that increased this much today would probably be very happy, but as it is, my Hermes Kelly has resulted in unintended consequences. Scroll all the way down if you want to see my report card but not my JNSB. But this is kind of juicy if you like a good rant...

About a month back, someone from my accounting department stopped by for a quote unquote friendly investigation. He showed me some invoices from pre-historic times and started questioning me about them. I have been secretly boiling for a month and now, the more I think about it, the greater the rage that I feel.

It made me question my QU career and now it's become crystal clear to me exactly what went on. The story goes entirely like this and could only happen to a bimbo like moi:

Work really hard and get paid very little... Boss tries to place daughter as your boss... Nephew then tries to take over your department... Work harder and get paid very little... Buy up all the ads in the entire industry at a minimum of 50% less budget than other people in the industry... Nephew demotes you by putting a Head of Marketing above you in the organogram... Work harder and get paid even less because the EUR/USD decreases your effing salary... Add at least 50 times more value to the company than your salary in a measurable, objective way... Nephew demotes you even more by placing a psycho bitch named Miss Carry Trade as Senior Marketing Manager... Buy up some more ads in the entire industry, essentially building up a monopoly of the best advertising positions available in the industry at the lowest possible cost...

Work harder and get paid even less because the EUR/USD goes up even more and you’re living on the Euro and getting paid in dollars... Help to increase the company’s sourcing with a key supplier by over 39% - especially in high value areas... Get a raise with half your salary in Euros and think it’s the best thing in the world but actually ends up being the same as your previous salary in EUR terms because you can’t do the math... Lehman happens and get blamed for the resultant market crash... EUR/USD starts going down so work harder and get paid even less... Budget gets cut... Lose all respect from everyone around you... Colleagues look at you like WTF are you still doing here after someone creates a buzz for a brand that isn’t really Belgian (now that’s what people know as marketing, but WTF does he know about actual strategic marketing. It's like me saying that I'm an actual trader)... Get treated like less than a secretary when you attended one of the top 10 business schools in the world... Get effing accused of swindling money when all your career you’ve only done your effing best to reduce budgets by at least 75% because you’re Chinese and you can work with Chinese companies and bargain

So my Hermes Kelly had some unintended consequences for which I am not sure whether I should be offended or take as a compliment that someone thinks I actually have so much money.

How about I show him my IKEA furniture bills and credit card statements a mile high? Or how about my huge five figure portfolio?

I can put up with a lot, but I cannot put up with having my integrity attacked. If anyone else was in charge of my budget, it'd be at least 3 times higher. But I did my effing best to bring costs down and get effing accused of effing swindling. Now that's the joke of the effing century.

+2.27% on the SBA
+2.51% on the Roth IRA

After a week like this, even a 20% gain wouldn't make me smile, but a +200% increase on my salary might.

Wake up, ForexDiva... and work harder...

Perhaps this helps to explain why I'm always so bitter.



No comments: