Monday, October 25, 2010

Should I Stay Or Should I Go?


I just bought BAC at $11.18 and am prepared for it to move a little more south to about $9.99 - at which point, I plan to buy a little more. That is, if I don't decide to suddenly close this chapter of my life and start a new one.

After having spoken to my boss today, I received an indication that this was the maximum that my salary can go. By anyone's standards, it would be a good salary. I do get to save quite a sum of money with my new salary structure. It's not about survival, but about trading ego. However, the question that continually pops up is... am I getting the shorter end of the stick? It seems like quite a number of people got a salary increase this year at my company and in comparison, my salary increase seems to be less substantial.

I learned the saying "The trend is your friend..." from my BFF forex broker. I learned the latter part of that saying "... until the end" the hard way this year when I: (1) tried to ride the GOL's momentum for too long back in May; (2) tried to ride Sultan BCS's trend past the +25% mark right after that; (3) tried to do more than +40% with CENX about a week or two back.

So... it leads me to the question... is my job a trend that's about to end?

I need some objective, honeygreen money making machine's opinion and unfortunately, everyone who I've spoken to thinks that this is a good salary increase. I put together all this objective evidence supporting my claim that I will still be underpaid if I get this high double digit salary increase based on the number of high salary jobs out there, the salaries of people in similar positions in competing companies, etc. Something doesn't feel right even though it seems like I went from needy to greedy with my salary negotiation. So if anyone is reading my blog and has a good idea, post a comment here! I'm all confused...


No comments: