Friday, October 8, 2010

Is This What They Would Call Karma?


Within twenty-four hours of beginning my research for a Swiss bank account, I got into a disagreement with my colleague. He essentially told me I was being legal but unethical and I told him I was being excommunicated for having a mojito. Then, I burned my hand. Plus, I didn't get to have any forex.

I wasn't even considering tax evasion! Everything must be legal and I report everything to the IRS, which just goes to prove that I really must have been Swiss in a previous lifetime. I was thinking something along the lines of revising previous tax returns and claiming previously unutilised foreign earned income tax exclusion limits. Now that I think about it, the accountant probably even knows how little I get paid if he became suspicious of my Hermes Kelly!

Still, I have to get my raise first and today, I had another brilliant idea. I am worth my weight in gold-digging!

Getting back to the Swiss... I've been looking at the currency wars and thinking about how futile the SNB's intervention efforts have been. Well, is it entirely inconceivable that Franc will have to join the Euro one day? Considering that so much of the world's wealth is concentrated in Switzerland (according to the Swiss bank account book I'm reading called Secrets of Swiss Banking, written before Lehman, about 40% of the world's private assets are managed in Switzerland), something like this occurring would be the equivalent of the dawn of a new age in banking.

CENX moved just as I thought it would - up! It ended closing the day with a try above $14, closing a cent below it at +4.72%.

+1.00% on the SBA
+0.46% on the Roth IRA



No comments: